At Birthright, the work that we do is largely made possible by our dedicated volunteer base who are, in many ways, the life-blood of our organization.There are a number of ways to be involved with Birthright of St. Charles on a volunteer basis including:
Phone Volunteer – *requires weekly commitment, training provided
- Answer phone calls and text messages
- Schedule appointments or direct calls as needed
- Offer sympathetic listener support (no counseling)
- Assist with various office duties including filing, mailings, and other duties as needed
- Assist in conducting Pregnancy Testing and filling out corresponding paperwork
- Maintain environment of welcome and hospitality in waiting area
- Greet clients as they come in the door and perform initial intake
- Assist in tasks around the office including filing, mailings, etc.
Field Service Volunteer
- Make client home visits with partner volunteer
- Provide clients with honest, caring feedback and encouragement during home visit
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources
- Complete report/corresponding paper work for client’s counselor following visits
- Assist on as needed basis with translating for counselors when meeting with Spanish-speaking only clients
- Can be contacted as needed to assist (if available) with various fundraising and outreach efforts including but not limited to: Birthright Gala, Golf tournament fundraiser, Shower of love collection, etc.
- Assistance at events can include but is not limited to : set-up, clean-up, manning ticket or donation tables, sorting donation items, etc.
Social Media Support
- Assist Outreach Coordinator in various projects to support social media outreach including but not limited to development of post content, graphic design projects, video editing, etc.
If you are interested in learning more about or committing to a volunteer role, please fill out our Volunteer Application and email to email@example.com or print and mail in to:
205 N. Fifth Street, Suite 209
St. Charles, MO 63301
You may also call 636-724-1200 with any questions pertaining to volunteer opportunities.