What Are My Options When It Comes To Abortions?
You have many choices when it comes to your body. You may feel that an abortion will prevent your life from changing, but that is not true. It has already changed: you are pregnant. Before you schedule an appointment for an abortion, come in and talk to us. An abortion is final, it can not be undone. Birthright of St. Charles does not financially benefit from your visit. We are only here to listen to you and to answer your questions, to provide a safe place for you consider all your options. Our professional master’s level counselors have the training and experience to help you with all your questions and explain your options. We are not a medical facility and we do not perform or refer for abortions. Counselors will provide you with accurate information on abortion and will be sympathetic to the circumstances that are moving you to consider an abortion. Call today to schedule an appointment, (636) 724-1200. While you are here you can:
- Confirm that you are pregnant with an accurate free pregnancy test
- Evaluate your life circumstances
- Learn how Birthright services can help you with life essentials
- Educate yourself on the different abortion procedures
- Educate yourself on the alternatives to abortion
If you are pregnant you have choices. It may seem that an abortion is your only choice. The staff at Birthright of St. Charles wants you to be completely informed of all your choices.
MISSOURI LAWS PERTAINING TO ABORTION
- A woman must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion and then wait 72 hours before the procedure is provided. Counseling must be provided in person and must take place before the waiting period begins
- The use of telemedicine for the performance of medication abortion is prohibited.
- The parent of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided.
As we discussed above you do have a choice. You can choose to mourn a life, share a life, or raise a life. It may seem like an abortion will wipe away this situation and you can go on with your life. It’s not that simple. Abortion is not just a simple medical procedure. It is a life-changing event with significant physical, emotional, and spiritual consequences. At this confusing time you are trying to process a lot of information. Our professional master’s level counselors have the training and experience to help you with all your questions and explain all our options thoroughly. Counselors will provide you with accurate information on abortion and will be sympathetic to the circumstances that are moving you to consider an abortion. Call today to schedule an appointment, (636) 724-1200.
The Justice Foundation The Justice Foundation’s “Center Against Forced Abortions” or “CAFA” was created to provide legal resources to mothers who are being forced or coerced into an unwanted abortion. Abortion Changes You Abortion Changes You is a refuge for those who wish to tell their story and begin the process of healing.