Finding intentional time for each other with the business of life and if you’re in the parenting season can be difficult. Date nights don’t have to be expensive or extravagant to make memories and build a stronger connection. It is important to fill your relationship up, so you can pour out to kids or other people in your life that you care about.
Here are some simple, fun ideas that you and your partner can explore together:
- Build a blanket fort, grab your favorite snack and watch a movie.
- Watch a sunset at a park or from your home if you don’t have childcare for the kiddos.
- Play “Truth or Dare” or a board game.
- Create a meal together with items you already have at home. (Pinterest and Tik Tok have great recipes.)
- Talk about your “highs and lows” of the week while sharing your favorite drink.
- Bring a few chairs and listen to a free outdoor concert.
- Do an at-home workout together.
- Pick a park or trail nearby and go for a hike or a bike ride – The Katy Trail is great!
- Create a relationship bucket list and plan your first item on the list.
- Take a walk in your neighborhood and look for the funniest or quirkiest thing.
- Give each other back massages or homemade facials.
- Play 20 questions, but keep it light. Sometimes a little humor is just what you need at the end of the day.
- Do something the other person loves (video games, watching a game, cooking, painting, etc.).
- Do some old-fashioned stargazing by joining some of the free stellar resources in the area.
- Go to local farmers’ markets and festivals.
- Gather some coins from your cushions and jars and go to an arcade.
- Give Geocaching a go – you can download the free app!
- Take a free class at the library or online.
- Set up a picnic at your favorite site.
- Draw self-portraits of each other. Don’t limit yourself to pencil and paper. Sidewalk chalk can be fun too.
Birthright St. Charles Offers Couples And Family Counseling
At Birthright St. Charles, we are here to support you as an individual and as a couple. We offer couples and family counseling to help you work through anything you may be going through in your relationship while balancing the new challenges of pregnancy.
You can contact us today to schedule a free and confidential appointment for you and your partner to talk with a counselor. We hope you can use a few of these ideas to create a deeper bond and fun memories with your partner that you won’t forget.